Denver Defective Motorcycle Parts Accident Attorneys
As a biker, you depend on your motorcycle to be in proper working order at all times. Not only do you have routine maintenance performed (or perform it yourself), but you count on the parts that were installed to be free from any dangerous defects. If a part fails while you’re riding, you could suffer severe injuries in the blink of an eye. This should never happen, and when it does, the Denver motorcycle accident attorneys of The Bourassa Law Group will be ready to get you justice.
Parts manufacturers, maintenance companies, and motorcycle companies are all responsible for ensuring they provide safe products for their consumers. When you’re involved in a crash because of a defective part, you can seek compensation from the manufacturer or company that sold you the motorcycle. All manufacturers and businesses have general liability insurance that covers victims of accidents. You can file a claim against the insurance company to recover payment for the expenses you’ve incurred.
There are many instances where a defective motorcycle part can cause an accident. Whether minor or severe, you should not have to pay to treat your injuries. When you hire us, we will diligently work on your case to resolve it as quickly as possible. We know you don’t want this to drag out unnecessarily. Our goal is to make sure your case gets settled promptly so you can move forward with your life.
Common Defective Motorcycle Parts
Any defect to a motorcycle part can negatively affect the owner and passenger. Many defects can lead to injuries after an accident. The most common defects that cause crashes include:
- Brake Defects: Improper installment or inadequate maintenance can prevent the driver from slowing down or stopping.
- Tire Defects: Defects causing the tread to separate from the tire, resulting in a blowout.
- Defective Design: Manufacturers fail to notice their design is dangerous and can cause issues controlling the bike.
- Fuel System Defects: The exposed fuel system can lead to burns to the body and lower extremities of the driver.
- Other Defects: All parts play a crucial role in ensuring safe operation. If one of the parts is missing, installed improperly, or made of weak materials, it might lead to a collision.
Motorcycles can be fun to ride. Unfortunately, they provide very little protection. There are a number of injuries you’re at risk for every time you get on your bike. The following are the most common injuries motorcycle victims sustain:
- Concussion or traumatic brain injury
- Road rash
- Facial fractures and disfigurement
- Broken and fractured bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of limbs
What Should I Do If a Defective Part Caused My Accident?
If a defective motorcycle part caused your injuries, you should seek legal representation right away. Your Denver defective motorcycle parts attorney will start working on your case by filing a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company and obtaining all the evidence necessary to prove your claim. Some critical pieces of evidence include:
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Photos of the accident scene
- Pictures of your injuries
- Video surveillance of the crash
- Negligent driver’s insurance policy
While your attorney is working on finding evidence, you should undergo medical treatment. If your physician refers you for X-rays, surgery, or any other type of treatment, you must follow their orders. If we can prove a defective part caused your injuries, we can seek damages from the manufacturer, company that sold you your motorcycle, or maintenance company responsible for keeping your motorcycle in good condition. Damages are expenses an injured person incurred as a direct result of their injuries. Damages intend to make a person “whole” with treatment deemed medically necessary. The damages you can seek compensation for include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Treatment needed to recover from your accident, including ambulance services, ER visits, surgery, physical therapy, and prescription medication.
- Lost Wages: Past and future earnings you’re unable to receive because your injuries prevent you from working.
- Emotional Trauma: Any psychological distress you’ve experienced as a result of the crash, such as anxiety, PTSD, and depression.
- Pain and Suffering: Significant physical and emotional pain that has affected your daily life and general happiness.
- Wrongful Death: If a motorcycle accident victim dies from the accident, an immediate family member can pursue compensation for expenses, such as funeral and burial costs.
Your attorney from The Bourassa Law Group will work hard to prove negligence in your case, so the at-fault party will be held responsible for your injuries. We know this is a devastating time in your life. It can be stressful when you’re injured, unable to work, and worried about how you’re going to pay for all your expenses. We will take some of the burden off your shoulders by handling the legal aspects of your case ourselves. We make sure to keep the lines of communication open so you can reach us when you need us and get status updates when you want them.
If a defective motorcycle part caused a serious injury crash, don’t suffer silently and alone. Reach out to the knowledgeable and skilled Denver motorcycle accident lawyers of The Bourassa Law Group for help. We have the skills, resources, and in-depth understanding of motorcycle crashes that you’ll need on your side. We won’t rest until we get you the full and fair compensation you’re owed.
We’re proud of the reputation we’ve built within our industry. We’ve represented thousands of clients just like you and recovered favorable settlements for them. We think it’s important to focus on our clients’ individual needs and provide superior customer service. Law firms can be an intimidating place for anyone unfamiliar with motorcycle accident cases. That’s why we created a relaxed office environment to make you feel completely comfortable when you come to see us. Our attorneys, paralegals, and support staff are determined to assist you in your time of need.
To get the full and fair compensation you’re owed after a defective part causes a motorcycle crash, reach out to a skilled member of our team today. Call us at (800)870-8910 or fill out a contact form online to schedule your free consultation.