Las Vegas Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys
Have you or a loved one been seriously injured after slipping and falling on public or private property in Las Vegas? If so, you may be entitled to compensation. People sometimes assume that if they slip and fall, it was their fault. This is typically not the case. Property owners, business owners, homeowners, and landlords have a responsibility to maintain safe conditions on the property at all times.
Slip and fall accidents, which fall under an area of law known as premises liability, are among the most difficult cases to prove. Whether you have a viable case will depend on a number of factors, including what caused you to slip and fall, whether the property owner had knowledge of the hazard that caused the injury, and whether you were negligent.
Because slip and fall accident cases are so complicated, you should contact a skilled and experienced premises liability attorney as soon as possible following the accident. Gathering evidence and finding witnesses are among the important steps involved in determining what caused the accident and if the property owner can be held liable.
Evidence could get lost or destroyed if you wait too long. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident in Las Vegas, call the highly skilled Las Vegas personal injury lawyers at The Bourassa Law Group today at (702) 851-2180 to set up a free and confidential consultation.
Do I Need a Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer?
Slip and fall accidents are one of the leading causes of unintended injury. They happen often. If a slip and fall could have been prevented had a property owner exercised care, you are entitled to compensation. Although you can pursue compensation your own, it’s in your best interest to work with an experienced personal injury attorney who has handled numerous slip and fall accident cases.
Recovering compensation after a slip and fall accident can be difficult without the help of an attorney. Dealing with insurance companies and going to court can be extremely stressful. Navigating the legal processes and procedures that come with building a case can be very complicated. A Las Vegas slip and fall accident lawyer will be able to take care of all of the complex legal issues so you can focus on what’s most important: your recovery.
An experienced slip and fall accident attorney can negotiate with the insurance companies and work toward a fair settlement. They can also investigate all the facts and evidence of your slip and fall accident to build a strong case, interview witnesses, and do all that is needed for the best claim possible. If your slip and fall accident case goes to court, a skilled trial attorney can file the necessary motions, argue in front of the jury and judge, and effectively present your evidence during the trial, among other important legal tasks.
Why Choose The Bourassa Law Group To Handle My Case?
The Bourassa Law Group represents slip and fall accident victims in Las Vegas and all throughout Nevada. Our personal injury lawyers successfully represent individuals through our extensive knowledge of the Nevada legal systems and procedures. We are committed to providing exceptional personal service to our clients. We are dedicated to providing results-oriented and cost-effective legal solutions that fit our clients’ unique needs while maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards.
The Bourassa Law Group was founded by Mark J. Bourassa Esq. Mr. Bourassa focuses on litigation and trial work representing clients in state and federal courts in many personal injury matters, including slip and fall claims. Before Mr. Bourassa founded The Bourassa Law Group, he was a partner in the Las Vegas office of a law firm with a substantial litigation practice. Throughout his impressive legal career, Mr. Bourassa has resolved millions of dollars in personal injury claims ranging from small claims lawsuits to complicated multi-party tort litigation. He is admitted to practice in all State Courts in Nevada, Arizona, and California as well as the United States District Courts for the District of Nevada, District of Central California, District of Northern California, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Types of Slip and Fall Accident Cases We Handle
At The Bourassa Law Group, we handle slip and fall accidents that occur in a wide variety of locations, including, but not limited to:
- Retail stores
- Convenient stores
- Grocery stores
- Shopping malls
- Amusement parks
- Retirement homes
Slip and fall accidents can cause many types of injuries, ranging from minor to life-threatening. We handle slip and fall accidents that cause an array of injuries that include, but are not limited to:
- Severe ankle, knee, and wrist sprains
- Traumatic brain injury
- Head and neck trauma
- Bruising, scrapes, and lacerations
- Dislocated shoulders
- Spinal cord injury
- Fractured hips or pelvis
- Fractured wrists, ankles, and hands
- Facial injuries
- Long-term medical complications
- Wrongful death
No matter how you suffered a slip and fall accident injury, it is critical to your well-being that you seek medical care immediately. In addition to protecting your health, seeing a doctor will produce medical documents that can be used as evidence in the future should you choose to file an injury claim against the liable party.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions we get from clients regarding slip and fall accidents. We hope you find our answers help. If you have any questions at all about your particular slip and fall accident case, don’t hesitate to contact the experienced and compassionate Las Vegas personal injury lawyers at The Bourassa Law Group by calling (702) 851-2180.
What are some common causes of slip and fall accidents?
- Defects in pavement
- Snow and ice accumulation
- Water leaks that go unpatched
- Torn or worn carpeting
- Floor mats that are not secured
- Poor lighting
- Debris or trash
- Broken handrails
- Broken stairs
- Holes in the ground
- Cracked or uneven floors
- Loose or broken tiles
- Spilled food or drinks
- Stray electrical wires and cords
- Inadequate security
What should I do if I’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident?
You need to take the following steps in order to preserve evidence you may need to prove your claim. The following tips are helpful if you are injured in a slip and fall accident:
- Seek medical attention. If you have been injured, get prompt medical treatment. If necessary, call 911. Even if you don’t think you were seriously injured, you should still get a medical evaluation. Some injuries may not display symptoms until hours or even days later. An evaluation from a doctor will create medical records that will later help with your injury claim.
- Report the slip and fall accident. Report the accident to the property owner or manager. Provide a summary of the accident. Don’t blame the property owner, but be sure to let them know the facts of what occurred.
- Take pictures of the accident scene. If possible, take photos of the accident scene right after the slip and fall accident. These photos will show lighting, weather, floor conditions, and any other hazards that you could have slipped or tripped on. Accident scenes can quickly change and hazards can be fixed, so the more photos you can take from various angles and distances, the better.
- Follow the doctor’s orders. If you were treated for your injuries, make sure to follow the doctor’s orders. With a slip and fall accident claim, you will need to prove that your injuries required extensive medical treatment and that you took the required steps.
- Do not wash or throw out clothes or shoes. Your clothing and shoes could provide important evidence for your claim. Don’t dispose of them after the slip and fall accident, even if they are ruined.
- Contact an experienced slip and fall accident lawyer. A skilled and knowledgeable personal injury attorney can manage all aspects of the claims process for you. Hiring a lawyer will put you in the absolute best position to recover maximum compensation for your injuries.
How much is my slip and fall accident case worth?
Unfortunately, it’s difficult to say exactly how much your case will be worth. The best thing you can do is consult with an experienced slip and fall accident lawyer during a free case review. A lawyer will be able to answer all of your questions and break down the details that contribute to the value of your case.
Most slip and fall cases have a value that is constantly changing depending on the number of losses suffered. For example, as your medical expenses bills increase, so does the value of your slip and fall accident case. If you have been seriously injured in a slip and fall accident, The Bourassa Law Group will fight for the compensation you need and deserve after your accident.
We will work hard to secure all the economic and noneconomic damages you are entitled to, such as:
- Medical expenses (present and future)
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Lost wages (past and future)
- Loss of earning capacity
Contact A Las Vegas Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
At The Bourassa Law Group, we know how to investigate your slip and fall accident case to determine whether you are entitled to compensation for your injuries. We have helped recover compensation for numerous clients in Las Vegas who have been injured due to unsafe conditions on a property.
If you have been seriously injured in a slip and fall accident that was the result of a dangerous condition or someone’s negligence, call The Bourassa Law Group at (702) 851-2180 to schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced Las Vegas premises liability lawyer.