Denver Car Accident Lawyers
In the event that you or a loved one have suffered a serious and unexpected car accident, the best means to recovery is to seek out quality legal assistance. Your top priority should be your health and well being, but this does not come easy without the compensation needed to obtain medical treatment and cover other damages.
The experienced Denver car accident attorneys at The Bourassa Law Group understand the difficulties that come along with a traumatic car accident. Physical pain, mental distress, and emotional anguish can weigh heavy on your shoulders. Let our team of expert car accident attorneys deal with the negligent driver who caused you pain and their insurance company.
Our lawyers are committed to delivering personalized attention. Find comfort in knowing that you are more than just a case number to the team at The Bourassa Law Group. We love to get to know our clients personally, and we believe that once you are a client, you’ll always be a client.
With a deep passion for achieving excellent results, we work diligently to secure maximum compensation for you.
If you are ready to recover the full compensation from your personal injury, then seek the compassionate lawyers at The Bourassa Law Group by calling us today at (303) 331-6186 or contact us online.
How The Bourassa Law Group Can Help
The Denver injury attorneys at The Bourassa Law Group are concerned for your well-being and recovery. We are committed to providing clear communication and guidance through every step of the litigation process.
Our team is equipped with extensive knowledge of the personal injury laws of Colorado. This, combined with our work ethic, allows us effectively help our clients recover maximum compensation time and time again.
We have experience in successfully handling the following types of car accident cases:
- Hit-and-Run Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Accidents Caused By Distracted Drivers
- Highway Rollovers
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Accidents Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Commercial Vehicle Collisions
- Situations Involving Uninsured/ Underinsured Drivers
Our team will work aggressively and efficiently to help you during this time of need. Don’t let a negligent driver get away with causing you undue pain and suffering.
Give our Denver car accident attorneys a call today at (303) 331-6186 to start on the path to recovery.
What to Do If You Have Been in a Car Accident
When you or a loved one have suffered catastrophic injuries as the result of an auto collision, the recovery process can leave you dealing with steep medical bills, stress, and anxiety. But it doesn’t have to.
With our team by your side, we’ll make sure to handle all the complex dealings so you can focus on recovering.
However, should you be involved in an accident, there are a number of steps that you should attempt to take – if you are able to do so safely. Following an incident, try to remain calm and take the following actions:
- Seek Medical Aid- The first step to recovering from any car accident is protecting your health. Even if you believe that your wreck wasn’t serious or your injuries are minor, you will still want to seek out medical attention. Call 911 or have another passenger or witness do so if you are unable to. Your physical safety should always be your number one priority.
- Gather Information – Once you have assessed your injuries, and are safely able to do so, begin to collect information that includes:
- Names and contact info of all parties involved
- Insurance information
- Driver’s license information
- Details such as license plate number(s), model(s), make(s), and year of vehicles involved in the accident
- Pictures of the scene such as wreckage, tire skid marks, car damages, weather, etc.
- Eye witness names and contact info
- Throughout Medical Treatment- If you receive medical attention remember to:
- Be honest and truthful with your doctor(s)
- Take medication and follow care instructions as prescribed
- Do NOT stop medical treatment unless your doctor tells you to do so
- Attend all appointments
- Save medical documents and bills
- Collect documentation of all medical treatment
- Document Everything – Evidence is essential to building a strong case. Collect all of the following items as proof of the other driver’s negligence and damages you sustained:
- Police and traffic reports
- Photos of the accident scene
- Photos of your injuries and damages
- Medical bills and documents
- Avoid Posting on Social Media- The insurance company of the defendant will try to manipulate any information you post online to reject the validity of your claim and reduce compensation.
Most Common Car Accident Injuries
Every car accident has its own unique causes and circumstances. The injuries a victim can sustain in a car accident can be the result of numerous situational factors, such as:
- The angle in which the car was impacted (ex. rear, front, or side)
- The direction the occupant was facing at the time of impact
- Whether the collision occurred at low or high speed
- The type of vehicles involved in the accident (i.e. passenger vehicle or commercial vehicle)
- Whether or not the airbags deployed
- Whether or not the victim was wearing a seatbelt
Seeking medical attention is the only sure way of assessing your health in the most minor of all collisions. The severity of injuries can range from minor to severe including debilitating injuries that leave you unable to work or which greatly affect your quality of life.
Depending on the circumstances of the accident, a car accident can result in any of the following injuries:
- Broken Bones
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Head, Neck, and Back Injury
- Cuts and Scrapes
- Soft Tissue Damage
- Chest, Rib, and Sternum Injury
- Internal Bleeding
- Internal Organ Trauma
- Facial Injury
- Mental or Emotional Trauma
- Chronic Pain
- Wrongful Death
If you or your loved one has suffered any of the previously mentioned injuries as the result of a car accident in Denver, seek medical attention immediately and consult the attorneys of The Bourassa Law Group.
Car accidents can result in expensive medical bills, transportation expenses, property damage and more. You should not suffer the consequences of another driver’s negligence.
Our Colorado car accident and personal injury attorneys at The Bourassa Law Group are ready to serve you today.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Dever
Although you may be following the rules of the road, other drivers may fail in their duty of care. In the United States, most car accidents are a result of human error, which means they could have easily been prevented with some added caution and attention.
A number of situations may increase the likelihood of a motor vehicle collision, such as:
- Distractions – Includes anything that can divert a driver’s eyes and attention from the road and hands from the wheel; can include talking or texting on the phone, eating, adjusting the radio or A/C, or reaching for items on the floor.
- Drunk Driving or Driving Under the Influence – Under no circumstance should an individual under the influence of drugs or alcohol maneuver a vehicle. Certain studies have found that states with legalized recreational marijuana use have seen an increase in accidents.
- Bad Weather – Rain, sleet, ice, and snow can cause slippery roads. Fog can decrease road visibility.
- Speeding – The speed limit is set to ensure the safety of all drivers. Accidents with a car moving at excessively high speeds can cause serious damage or even be fatal.
- Cell Phone Use – Texting, talking on the phone, or scrolling through social media has no place on the road.
As a number of factors can affect the collision, it is essential to seek legal aid to begin investigating the situation and gathering all the facts.
Types of Compensation You Can Receive
It is common for those filing a personal injury claim to wonder how much compensation is available for the damages they have suffered. The cost of filing and the likelihood that you may recover damages may also be a top concern.
Although there is no ‘set value of compensation’ a victim of an auto collision can expect to recover, the following factors may add value to your personal claim:
- Medical Bills – Compensation for current and future medical treatment, rehabilitation, and care for injuries sustained can be recovered.
- Loss of Wages – Compensation is available for current and future wages that you cannot earn as a result of reduced capacity to work in part of injuries.
- Disfigurement – You may be able to recover compensation for an alteration to your physical appearance that impacts your quality of life.
- Emotional Anguish – Psychological issues that result from the accident may be compensated if they impact your well being and capacity to function.
- Reduced Quality of Life – If an accident results in diminished enjoyment of life, relationships, and activities, then damages may be available.
- Loss of Consortium – A victim, their spouse or children can be compensated if the accident has negatively impacted their relationship.
In the event that you have tragically lost a loved one to a serious car crash, our Colorado car accident attorneys can assist you in recovering damages for the following:
- Funeral and burial expenses.
- Loss of household income or duties.
- Property damage.
The Bourassa Law Group Puts Clients First and Secures Maximum Settlements for Victims of Car Accidents.
The Denver car accident attorneys at The Bourassa Law Group know that the injuries and expenses that result from a car accident can be terrifying. Our commitment to you is to provide individualized attention to your case and help you come out of the situation by recovering the maximum compensation available.
The level of commitment, quality of care, and rate of success of our Denver car accident attorneys can deliver is unparalleled.
Contact us today at (303) 331-6186 for a no-obligation consultation.
Frequently asked questions
There are several factors that can contribute to the amount of damages you are eligible to recover. First, and foremost, are medical costs (past, current, and future) related to the injuries you sustained.
You may also be compensated for ‘general damages’ which include pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, mental distress, and emotional anguish. In some instances where negligence or intentional harm was significant, you may pursue punitive damages.
Additionally, if you were involved in a car accident, then you may also be compensated for property damages, especially if there was loss of use of your vehicle.
As professional attorneys, we acknowledge our duty to keep our interactions with our clients entirely confidential. Not only do we aim to comply with the rules of ethics in our field, but we also want to keep your trust by securing personal information.
The Bourassa Law Group will work diligently with a supporting team of medical professionals, accident research specialists, and investigators to uncover the circumstances of your claim. We will seek out the degree of fault, analyze your injuries and losses, and evaluate the total impact the personal injury has had on your life. In addition to this, our team will assess the degree to which comparative negligence can affect your claim and determine if the at-fault party has insurance limits that would prevent them from compensating your total damages.
There is absolutely no cost for an initial consultation with the dedicated attorneys of The Bourassa Law Group. We understand how stressed you must be with the physical injuries, mental and emotional distress, and financial concerns that can arise after an unexpected accident - and we do not want to add to that burden.
Our team wants you to know that you are not alone. We are ready to hear your case and provide quality legal guidance. Contact us right now at [phone number linked="true"] for a FREE, no-obligation consultation.
After suffering an accident, victims may wonder whether seeking legal care is effective and cost-efficient. You should know that our services are provided on a “contingency fee basis.” This means that we do not get paid unless you win.
The fees that we charge for our services are a percentage of the total amount that you will recover from your personal injury claim. Do not hesitate to contact us to learn more about how this process works. If your case is not successfully resolved with a considerable settlement - you owe us nothing.