Your Legal Advocate for Bicycle Accidents in Las Vegas, Summerlin & Surrounding Areas
Nevada is one of the best states for cyclists, offering several benefits and opportunities for enthusiasts and commuters in Las Vegas, Summerlin, Henderson, and other urban cities. These cities combine a picturesque landscape with abundant sunshine, mild temperatures, and proper cycling infrastructure comprising dedicated bike lanes, well-maintained trails, and traffic signs.
However, the rapid surge of motorized and pedal bicycles alongside cars, trucks, and pedestrians has led to a notable increase in collisions, injuries, bicycle accident insurance claims, and cyclist injury lawsuits. According to Zero Fatalities, 2.6% of all fatalities in Nevada involve bicyclists, and 75% of serious bicycle accidents occur in large cities like Las Vegas and Carson City.
The Bourassa Law Group believes it’s our duty to help bicycle accident injury victims get justice and secure maximum compensation for economic and non-economic damages. Hence, we offer a team of capable Las Vegas, NV, bicycle accident attorneys to help you navigate the complex legal processes following a crash or collision. From filing a claim to handling settlement negotiations and courtroom arguments, we’ll be at your side at every step to ensure a smooth transition.
So, contact us today at (800) 870 8910 for free legal advice from an experienced Nevada bicycle accident lawyer. We’ll discuss your case in detail and build a winning case.
Why Hire a Las Vegas Bicycle Accident Lawyer?
1. Local Expertise & Resources
Nevada bicycle accident lawyers operating in Las Vegas, Henderson, Summerlin, and other Silver State cities are well-versed in local and state traffic laws and regulations. Hence, they know how local courts and insurance companies operate. They also have an established network of expert witnesses, including doctors, investigators, and accident reconstruction specialists.
2. Knowledge of Road Conditions
Experienced cyclist injury attorneys Nevada understand local road conditions driving behavior. Hence, they know how to tackle bicycle crash or collision cases by thoroughly assessing road conditions and gathering evidence using local connections to build your case.
3. Familiarity With Local Courts
Local attorneys can be a valuable asset in bicycle accident cases. They know their way around local district courts, understand the legal procedures and timelines, and have prior experience representing clients in front of familiar judges and juries.
4. Evidence Gathering
Local Nevada bicycle accident lawyers know their way around neighborhoods and roadways where bicycle crashes and collisions typically occur. Therefore, they can quickly gather evidence from surveillance footage, medical facilities, police stations, and other sources to build your case.
5. Expert Negotiation
Las Vegas, Henderson, and Summerlin bicycle accident lawyers with a proven legacy of bicycle accident litigation know how to lead negotiations and secure a fair settlement without the need to go to trial. However, if required, they can build compelling arguments and present witnesses to pursue compensation from the courtroom.
Common Injuries Victims Sustain from Bicycle Accidents in Las Vegas and Other Cities
Cyclists are more vulnerable to minor and catastrophic injuries following collisions with vehicles or pedestrians. These injuries typically include (but aren’t limited to):
- Minor bruises and cuts
- Muscle spasms
- Spinal cord injury
- Organ failure, etc.
Emotional Distress Caused by Nevada Bicycle Accidents
Depending on the nature of the accident and corresponding injuries, bicycle accidents can have long-lasting effects on the victim’s mental state, with issues like:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Amaxophobia (Fear of riding a bicycle)
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Paranoia, etc.
Bicycle Accident Injury Compensation Victims Can Receive in Nevada
As per Nevada’s statute of limitation, bicycle accident victims who win their lawsuits may be entitled to compensation for the following economic and non-economic damages:
- Medical Bills – Hospital treatment costs, ambulance fees, surgeries, medication, etc.
- Lost Wages and Income
- Property Damage – Bicycle, third-party accessories, phone, and other personal belongings damaged during the crash or collision.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses – Legal fees, transportation fees, childcare, physiotherapy, etc.
- Mental Anguish
- Depression and Anxiety
- Permanent Disfiguration or Scarring
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life, etc.
How BLG Can Help with Your Bicycle Accident Case
The Bourassa Law Group is one of Nevada’s biggest law firms, mainly serving Las Vegas and surrounding areas, including:
- The Nellis Air Force Base Region
- Reno, etc.
Bicycle accidents are among our most popular cases. Hence, we offer a dedicated team of experienced cyclist injury attorneys Nevada with hundreds of collective cases under their belt. Hence, you can rest assured they have the legal expertise and resources to navigate the complex legal process and secure maximum compensation.
Bicycle Accident Cases We Handle in Nevada
The Bourassa Law Group handles various types of bicycle accident cases in Las Vegas, Henderson, and other Nevada cities. Below are the most common types:
- Vehicle Collisions: Most of our bicycle accident cases involve motor vehicles like cars, buses, and trucks colliding with cyclists or vice versa.
- Opening-Door Accidents: Many cyclists crash into opening doors when navigating busy roads during rush hour in Las Vegas and other urban cities, failing to react in time to evade negligent drivers or passengers opening vehicle doors.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Many pedestrians carelessly enter bike lanes or collide with riders on sidewalks.
- Front, Rear-End, and Side Collisions: Negligent or reckless drivers hit motorists from the front, behind, and sides, especially during turns or at signals.
Evidence We Collect to Prove Liability or Negligence in Nevada Bicycle Accident Cases
The Bourassa Law Group believes collecting solid evidence is key to proving liability or negligence in bicycle accident cases. Therefore, we leave no stones unturned and collect various types of evidence from different sources, including (but not limited to):
- Eyewitness statements
- Post-accident police reports
- Photographs and videos taken at the accident scene
- Surveillance footage from traffic cameras and facilities nearby
- Victim’s medical records demonstrating the extent of injuries
- Expert testimony from doctors, reconstruction experts, mechanics, and other specialists
- Driver’s history – traffic violations, previous accidents, etc.
- Cell phone records to check for distracted driving
- Vehicle maintenance records
- Weather and road reports, etc.
Our Litigation Process
Below is an overview of a typical Nevada bicycle accident case we handle:
1. Free Consultation
Our process usually begins with a free consultation where a bicycle accident attorney Las Vegas discusses your cases and offers legal counsel.
2. Case Evaluation
Your attorney then evaluates your case, gathers all available evidence, and develops a legal strategy tailored to your circumstances and situation.
We send a legal notice to the responsible party’s insurance company and reach a fair settlement to compensate for medical bills, emotional distress, and property damage. If negotiations aren’t successful, we proceed to trial.
In the courtroom, we present your case in front of a judge or jury, exchanging arguments, evidence, and witness statements.
5. Verdict & Collection
Following the trial, the judge will pass a verdict. If you win, you’ll be entitled to receive
the compensation as per your lawsuit. Your lawyer will oversee the collection process from the at-fault party.
Our Bicycle Accident Legal Representation Charges
Like many Nevada bicycle accident law firms, we operate on a contingency basis, meaning our litigation services are free of cost unless we win your case. Upon winning, we simply charge a small percentage of your compensation as a service fee. Our initial consultation is free, so you can discuss your case without worrying about money.
Feel free to call or email BLG to learn more about the costs of legal services.
Speak to a Nevada Bicycle Accident Lawyer Now!
If you’ve been a victim of a bicycle accident in Las Vegas, Summerlin, or another Nevada city, consult with one of our local bicycle accident attorneys in your area. Call (800) 870 8910 for a free consultation to discuss your case and secure maximum bicycle accident injury compensation.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should I do immediately after a bicycle accident in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Following a bicycle accident in Las Vegas, you should seek medical attention immediately. Call 911 and report the incident or ask anyone at the crash site. Collect contact information from the at-fault party and any witnesses willing to provide statements in court. Finally, consult a Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyer to help you seek compensation for your injuries and damages.
2. How long before I have to file a bicycle accident lawsuit in Nevada?
In Nevada, you typically have two years to file a bicycle accident injury claim from the date of the accident.
3. What types of compensation can I seek after a bicycle accident in Las Vegas?
Following a bicycle accident in Las Vegas or any Nevada city, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, emotional distress, property damages, and other damages.
4. Is Nevada a no-fault insurance state for bicycle accidents?
No, Nevada is an at-fault state, meaning the responsible party is liable for covering damages caused by the accident.
5. What should I look for when hiring a bicycle accident lawyer in Nevada?
When hiring a Nevada bicycle accident lawyer, the first thing to check is their experience in litigating bicycle accident cases. Ideally, you should hire a local attorney well-versed in Nevada laws and court processes.
6. Can I still pursue a claim if I wasn’t wearing a helmet during the bicycle accident?
Yes, you can. However, not wearing a helmet while riding a bicycle could affect your claim’s outcome. So, ensure you speak to an experienced attorney and provide as many details as possible.
7. How long does it typically take to resolve a bicycle accident case in Las Vegas?
The duration of a bicycle accident lawsuit varies according to many factors, including the cause of accident, injuries, and evidence. Therefore, the timeline can range from a few weeks to a few years.
8. Can I still sue if the at-fault party’s insurance company offers a settlement?
While not necessary, you can sue the at-fault party even if they offer a settlement, especially if it doesn’t cover your damages. However, you must consult with your attorney to determine if rejecting a settlement is wise.