Arizona Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Riding a motorcycle can be exhilarating, but these rides can very quickly turn from exciting to devastating. The freeing nature of a fast motorcycle, wholly exposed to the elements, lends itself to dangerous situations and high-risk accidents.
According to the NHTSA, 4,985 motorcyclists died in a motorcycle accident in 2018. That same information tells us that motorcyclists are 28 times more likely to die in an accident than a passenger car occupant.
If you or someone you love has been the victim of a motorcycle accident, you need to contact an Arizona motorcycle accident lawyer today. You could be eligible to receive damages for present and future medical costs, general pain and suffering, lost wages and potential wages, mental distress, and more. Only an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer can help you collect on the damages that you may be entitled to receive.
Our team of passionate personal injury lawyers at The Bourassa Law Group have years of experience in aggressive litigation and dedicated legal service. We win cases across the United States, using our extensive network of attorneys, legal aids, and licensed investigators. We’re successful because we treat every case as our most important case and every client as the individual victim they are.
Contact us today at (480) 867-7177 to schedule a completely free and confidential evaluation. We’ll look at your case, listen to your needs, and create a plan to get you the compensation you deserve.
Do I Need an Arizona Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
After a motorcycle accident, you might feel inclined to take on the legal process without the help of a knowledgeable personal injury attorney. However, it’s crucial that you do not try to handle a lawsuit on your own. Those who try to pursue compensation without a lawyer receive, on average, three times less than those who hire legal counsel.
Only an experienced motorcycle accident attorney can help you understand the complicated legal process, launch an investigation into your case, and represent you in a trial.
After a motorcycle accident, the other party’s insurance company will likely approach you and try to bully you into taking a low one-time settlement. That insurance company doesn’t want you to hire an attorney that they have to negotiate fairly with or go to court with where they will have to pay out a much more substantial amount. If an insurance company representative approaches you, say nothing and accept no money until you talk to an experienced Arizona motorcycle accident lawyer.
The process of filing a claim and launching a lawsuit can be extremely overwhelming. There are critical deadlines that must be adhered to. If you miss any of these dates, you will lose the chance to file a claim and receive a settlement. A motorcycle accident lawyer knows the importance of following a timeline and will ensure that all of your documents are filed on time.
In addition, at The Bourassa Law Group, our motorcycle accident lawyers have the resources to launch a full investigation into your case and find evidence for you. In the aftermath of an accident, collecting evidence is time-sensitive. We understand how important it is to get our team of investigators out there at the scene of the accident as soon as possible.
Without a motorcycle accident lawyer, the investigation, filing process, and continuing legal paperwork are all completely in your hands. After an accident, you and your family need to focus on recovery and shouldn’t be worrying about legal processes that can be better handled by a professional.
Why Choose The Bourassa Law Group to Handle My Case?
At The Bourassa Law Group, we have been handling personal injury cases since we opened our doors. We understand the process and know how best to approach it. We have the experience and resources to thoroughly investigate and build the most persuasive case possible for you and your loved ones.
We firmly believe that everyone is entitled to legal representation, regardless of their financial situation. Because of that, we offer a completely free initial evaluation. When you schedule an appointment, we will go over your case and get to know you as a person.
If we mutually decide to work together, we offer all our legal resources to you on a contingency-fee-basis. That means that you won’t pay us anything until we get you the settlement you deserve.
Our firm possesses comprehensive legal knowledge and understanding. We handle a wide variety of cases, such as:
- Vehicle accidents, including passenger cars, trucks, rideshare, and motorcycles
- Wrongful death
- Catastrophic injuries
- Trip and fall accidents
- Brain injury
- Burn injury
- Dog bites
- Pedestrian accidents
- Spinal cord injury
- Premises liability
- And more
The lawyers at The Bourassa Law Group have the know-how and experience to handle just about any kind of personal injury case. Contact us today at (480) 867-7177 to get started on your case today.
Common Motorcycle Accident Causes
While many people turn to motorcycles for the savings on fuel and the freedom they provide, motorcycles are dangerous vehicles. Motorcycle accidents are common because of the lack of protection from the elements and visibility issues from other drivers.
There are many ways in which motorcycle accidents happen; the following list details just some of the most common motorcycle accident causes:
- Cars making left turns: Left-hand turns cause 42 % of all motorcycle accidents. The small profile of a motorcycle increases the visibility issues of a left-hand turn. While going through an intersection or overtaking a car, it’s easy for a negligent driver to miss noticing the motorcyclist and cause an accident.
Most times, if a driver causes an accident while making a left-hand turn, that driver is found liable for damages. Even so, it’s essential to talk to a lawyer and get legal assistance.
- Head-on collisions: Many motorcycle accidents occur when passenger vehicles or semi-trucks hit the motorcyclist head-on. These accidents are extremely dangerous and often result in severe injuries and sometimes fatalities for the motorcycle driver.
- Lane splitting: Motorcycle lane splitting is when a motorcyclist drives between two or more lanes of traffic, often when lanes are moving slowly due to high-traffic times. If a car doesn’t anticipate a motorcyclist’s maneuvers, accidents can quickly happen due to proximity.
While many times, in these situations, the motorcyclist can be found at fault, additional factors can prove the other vehicle liable. This can happen if the other driver had previously been driving negligently, among other reasons.
If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident due to lane splitting, contacting an attorney is especially important as proving another’s fault is trickier.
- Fixed object collisions: When a larger vehicle hits a fixed object, such as a building or road sign, it often only results in minor injuries. However, since motorcycles offer such little protection, these collisions can be deadly.
- Road hazards: Often, motorcycle accidents happen because of a road hazard, such as improperly placed construction equipment or signage, potholes, or uneven lane heights. In this case, parties such as the state regulatory agency or construction company can be found at fault. Hazardous weather, such as flooded streets, overturned branches, or other debris can also lead to seriously dangerous roads for motorcycles.
- Alcohol use: Many motorcycle accidents happen because of alcohol abuse. If you have been in a motorcycle accident due to a collision with a drunk driver, that drunk driver can be held liable for your damages.
Whatever the cause of your accident, motorcycle collisions can lead to serious injuries and long-lasting physical and emotional distress. If you have been the victim of a motorcycle accident, you need to contact an Arizona motorcycle lawyer as soon as possible.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
After an accident, adrenaline floods your body. You may feel as if nothing is wrong with you and that you have sustained no injuries. It’s vital that no matter what, you see a doctor for a thorough evaluation.
Motorcycle accidents frequently lead to devastating injuries and a necessity for long-term physical care. Some of the most common motorcycle accident injuries include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Head injury: It’s imperative to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle. The NHTSA found that over 1,600 lives are saved every year from helmet use. However, even if with a helmet, it’s common to sustain a head injury from a motorcycle accident.
Head injuries vary in severity. If you’re lucky, you may only receive a bump or slight scratch. Unfortunately, many head injuries are much worse, resulting in concussions, traumatic brain injuries, permanent hearing loss, or death.
- Spinal injury: Spinal injuries are some of the most dangerous kinds of injuries that can be sustained in a motorcycle accident because they can result in loss of mobility or permanent paralysis.
- Foot or leg injury: Feet and leg injuries often happen in motorcycle accidents because your feet and legs are closest to the ground. In the event of a crash, your feet and legs usually take the brunt of the impact. These injuries can range from road rash and burns to fractures and broken bones. Often, foot and leg injuries necessitate expensive surgery and physical therapy.
- Biker’s arm: Biker’s arm is a term used to coin an injury to an arm from a motorcycle accident. In the event of a collision and a fall off your bike, it’s only natural to break the fall with your hands and arms. This leads to broken bones and painful muscle tears, which can take months to heal.
- Emotional damage: Emotional damage resulting from an accident is impossible to see but incredibly common in accident victims. PTSD can affect victims for years, leading to expensive therapy, loss of earning potential, and other possible physical manifestations.
A motorcycle accident can be physically and emotionally devastating to anyone. Let The Bourassa Law Group cover your legal needs so that you can recover in peace.
Contact Us Today
If you or someone you love has been the victim of a motorcycle accident, you must contact an experienced personal injury attorney today. At The Bourassa Law Group, we’ll launch an immediate investigation into your case and get started on building you the strongest case possible.
We firmly believe that anyone should be able to receive excellent legal aid at a reasonable cost. Our attorneys love what we do, and we are fully committed to utilizing all of our resources to help you receive the settlement you are due.
Contact us online or call us at (480) 867-7177 to schedule your free and confidential appointment.