Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada
Motorcycle accidents can cause devastating outcomes for everyone involved, particularly motorcyclists. These vehicles travel faster than bicycles while offering no protection generally offered by a car or other vehicles in case of a collision.
The rider is completely exposed during a crash. The consequence can be even more severe if they are not wearing protective gear, like a helmet. These motor vehicle cases can cause severe injuries, like head trauma and fractures, and often prove fatal.
The Bourassa Law Group understands the grave outcomes a motorcycle accident can present and the significant impact it can have on you and your loved ones. We have a dedicated team of expert motorcycle accident lawyers in NV who can guide you each step of the way. Our team ensures your claim is strong enough to recover sufficient compensation, no matter how severe or minor the accident was.
Our legal team understands the amount of pain and suffering victims of motor vehicle cases have to endure after a crash, and we ensure you are properly compensated for the physical, mental, and emotional stress you had to suffer due to someone else’s negligence.
All our motorcycle accident lawyers in Las Vegas focus on building a strong case for your claim and leaving no stone unturned. We dedicate our time and resources to investigating your case, finding relevant evidence, going through images and videos of the accident, listening to your side of the story, and talking to the eyewitness.
Once everything is gathered, our lawyers present the case in the right way, ensuring you get the best possible compensation. We prioritize getting the case settled through negotiations to help you avoid a lengthy trial process. However, we ensure you get the best deal you deserve through the settlement.
If that is not the case, we will prepare your case for trial. Our legal team will fight on your behalf and get the desired results. Our motorcycle accident attorneys are ready to help you with your claim and get swift justice. Get in touch with The Bourassa Law Group today at (800) 870 8910 for a free consultation!
Table of Contents
Why Hire A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
A motorcycle accident lawyer understands all the steps involved to help you fight the case. They know the tricks insurance companies play to try and put you at fault or offer much lower compensation than you deserve. It might seem like a good deal, but an experienced accident attorney knows how much compensation you can rightfully recover based on the severity of your injuries and damage.
The right lawyer would be on your side and help you throughout the case, guiding you through the entire process. It is vital to consult a good motorcycle lawyer in Las Vegas, particularly an experienced and knowledgeable one who is well aware of the regulations and laws in the state. The legal team at The Bourassa Law Group can smoothly navigate the legal system, help you recover the damages and compensation you deserve, and keep your best interest in mind.
What Would Classify as A Motorcycle Accident?
Any collision that involves a motorcycle colliding with another vehicle or object caused by another person’s negligence can be classified as a motorcycle accident and allow you to file a claim. Here are some of the motorcycle accidents where you can file a case to recover compensation:
- Left-Turn Crashes: These are the most dangerous motorcycle accidents and often result in fatalities. When the driver turns across, they are entering your lane. Neglecting to check if there is a vehicle coming and not being able to turn fast enough could lead to a collision.
- Single Motorcycle Collision: There are higher chances of motorcycles sliding, tipping and skidding on the road. Even if no other vehicle is involved and other issues beyond your control caused the accident, you might be entitled to file a claim.
- Rear-End Crashes: If a driver or rider crashes into you from behind, it can cause severe injuries and damages. You are entitled to recover damages from this type of accident.
- Drunk Driving: Driving under the influence can have a significant impact on every driver, whichever vehicle they are driving. Even though there has been a massive amount of awareness raised and strict laws passed for drunk driving, drunk driving accident cases are still prevalent. If you have suffered injuries and damages due to an accident caused by an intoxicated driver, you may be compensated.
Every accident is different, so it is integral to consult a professional motorcycle accident lawyer to help you determine whether or not you have a base to file a claim.
How The Bourassa Law Group Can Help
While you can consult any legal organization or a personal injury lawyer to help you with the case and close the claim, The Bourassa Law Group is aware of the severity of such accidents. Our priority is not to quickly wrap up the case but to get the best possible outcome to ensure you get compensated for the suffering you had to endure due to someone’s negligence.
Our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers have extensive knowledge and experience in these cases and can help you fight the case on your behalf. We can assist you by:
- Conducting a thorough investigation
- Establishing the case based on the state laws
- Initiating the insurance claim
- Estimating the damages
- Negotiating on your behalf
- Representing you during a trial while protecting your rights
Even though you can get compensation for your injuries on your own, it is highly unlikely that you will actually receive the amount you truly deserve. Our lawyers know how to calculate the current and future damages you would endure due to the accident and make sure you get fully compensated.
Steps to Take Immediately After a Motorcycle Accident
Accidents can occur within a split second and cause devastating consequences for everyone involved, no matter who was at fault. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, your first priority should be your safety and health.
You must make sure that you step away from the accident scene if it is unsafe, for example, in high traffic or with too much debris. Get yourself to a safe location and understand that you can’t help anyone if your well-being and safety are at risk due to your surroundings.
Here are the main steps you need to take if you are involved in a motorcycle accident:
- Examine yourself for injuries and get immediate medical attention even if there aren’t any visible injuries
- Get in touch with the police
- Gather details of the other drivers, including insurance information and personal information
- Take the name and contact details of the eyewitnesses
- Take some notes of the surroundings and determine whether there are any cameras nearby
- Take pictures of the accident sight if it is safe for you to do so
- Consult an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer
- Avoid giving statements or admitting fault to anyone, especially an insurance agent.
It is essential to be careful about the words you use to explain what happened. This is particularly true immediately after the crash since you would be confused, injured, angry, scared, and not in the position to properly explain yourself. Whatever you say could have a significant impact on the outcome of your claim.
Therefore, speak to a lawyer first to understand how to describe the accident and allow them to contact the insurance agency on your behalf.
Motorcycle Accident Cases We Handle
The following is a quick overview of the different motorcycle accident cases our legal team has handled successfully in the past:
- Alcohol and Drugs: Being under the influence while driving is one of the major causes of accidents in Las Vegas. If the at-fault driver was driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, we have extensive experience in proving their fault and establishing a strong case against them.
- Sudden Stops: Not keeping sufficient distance between the other vehicles can cause rear-end accidents, resulting in severe injuries and damage. These accidents may also occur if the driver neglects to see the motorcyclist at an intersection.
- Open Doors: If your accident was caused due to an open car door, we could help you recover compensation. Each driver has the responsibility to check whether the road is clear before opening the door.
- Left Turns: Drivers turning left must yield to others through the right of way. If the driver turned left and you were right of the way, the other driver is at fault for the accident.
- Intersections: Accidents at intersections are mostly caused by speeding drivers or those who neglect to yield or drive past the red light. Other riders not being vigilant can cause motorcycle accidents at the intersections as well.
- Changing Lanes: Drivers must be constantly aware of motorcycles, particularly when they want to change lanes. Failing to do so can result in a severe accident.
- Hit and Run: If the driver who caused the accident flees the scene right after the accident, we can help you gather all the evidence, get witness statements, and ensure you get the rightful compensation.
Other motorcycle accidents we have handled include head-on collisions, broadside collisions, and more. It is crucial to understand that each accident case is different. Our motorcycle lawyers can conduct a thorough investigation to determine the person at fault, gather evidence, and prove their fault while ensuring you get your rightful compensation.
Please note that this isn’t a complete list of all accidents. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Las Vegas, give us a call to discuss your case. We will help you throughout the steps and highlight the next best steps for you.
Damages You Can Face from Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accident damages and injuries are based on the severity of the accident, but generally, these accidents can result in the following:
- Broken bones
- Hard injuries, including organ damage, internal bleeding, , and burns
- Road rash
- Skull fractures
- Soft tissue injuries, including whiplash, lacerations, strains, abrasions, and sprains
- Spinal injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Las Vegas
Fatalities and severe injuries are common in such accidents, mainly because motorcyclists don’t have protective car structures around them. Understanding the causes of motorcycle accidents is essential to take the right precautions and avoiding severe consequences.
Here are the major causes of these accidents:
- Drunk driving: Most motorcycle accidents with severe injuries and fatalities reported involve alcohol. Motorcyclists need to be more vigilant to protect themselves and avoid drinking and riding.
- Reckless driving: Riding recklessly is also one of the major causes of motorcycle accidents. It is crucial to keep your attention on the road at all times and be alert of sudden turns and speeding motor vehicles.
- Improper or lack of license: Obtaining a valid motorcycle license is crucial before you take your bike on the road. Improper licensing or driving without one is not just against the law but increases the risk of an accident. The licensing test creates more awareness of the dangers of reckless driving and other accident causes and ways to avoid them.
Some other common causes of these accidents include:
- Harsh driving in urban areas
- Neglecting to see the traffic signs
- Not being vigilant about other drivers and riders on the road
- Not following the traffic rules
- Riding without protective gear
How Much Does a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Cost?
Legal expenses are certainly one of the biggest concerns for motorcycle accident victims who want to seek compensation. Typically, the legal fee is taken from the overall damages recovered in the case. Depending on the severity and complexity of the case, the lawyers set a certain percentage as their legal fee once the case is won. It varies based on individual cases. To get a better idea, call The Bourassa Law Group to discuss your case and determine the legal cost.
Types of Compensation You Can Receive After a Motorcycle Accident
You can recover different types of compensation for your motorcycle accident claim. The amount may vary depending on multiple factors, but you may recover the following:
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering, including chronic pain, mental anguish, and emotional distress
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Permanent disability
- Permanent disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of quality of life because of mental or physical disability
- Property damage
Contact The Bourassa Law Group to speak to a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Las Vegas understand how challenging and devastating it can be to be involved in a motorcycle accident. Your health is the priority, and it is crucial to recover from the injuries, which is why our legal team does all the leg work to establish a strong claim on your behalf.
We will investigate the accident, gather the evidence, and guide you throughout the process, ensuring you get the maximum compensation for your injuries and sufferings. Give us a call at (303) 857-5557 for a free, no-compulsion consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to do to prove I wasn’t at fault for the motorcycle accident?
The scene of the accident, the damage caused to both vehicles, videos and images of the accident, witness statement and any other evidence your motorcycle accident lawyer gathers will help prove that you are not at fault.
Is there a time limit to file a case for a motorcycle accident in Las Vegas?
In Las Vegas, all motorcycle accident cases should be filed within two years of the accident day to recover damages from the at-fault party.
Is there a time limit to file a case for a motorcycle accident in Denver?
In Denver – this time frame goes up to three years to file your claims.
How long would it take for my motorcycle case to be resolved?
Every case is different, and an accurate estimate of the duration can’t be determined. The time it would take will depend on the recovery time, severity of injuries, and other factors. Most motorcycle cases get resolved in the negotiation process, but some go to trial, which typically takes longer to resolve.
How much are most motorcycle accident settlements?
This is always determined by insurance limits of the parties involved. It is important to have a motorcycle accident lawyer explore all avenues of coverage to get you the most money in any financial settlements. This can get complicated with underinsured, uninsured, and other policy limits.
Who is usually at fault in motorcycle crashes?
According to NHTSA, multi vehicle accidents involving motorcycles are caused by cars and trucks.