Bias against motorcycle riders is certainly unfair, but it is a reality most riders experience during a personal injury case after a motorcycle accident. This bias can cause riders to receive lesser compensation than they actually deserve.
It is essential to consult experienced motorcycle accident lawyers in Nevada to overcome this bias and ensure you are fairly compensated.
Reasons Behind the Bias Against Motorcycle Riders During a Personal Injury Claim
In personal injury claims involving motorcycle riders, there is often a bias against the rider. This is often attributed to numerous factors and can significantly impact the outcome of the claim. Here are some reasons behind the bias against motorcycle riders:
- Perception of Recklessness: The major reason behind this bias is the perception that motorcyclists are reckless and dangerous. This negative portrayal of riders can lead to biased attitudes among jurors and insurance adjusters.
- Assumption of Risk: Another reason is the belief that they assume a higher level of risk than other drivers on the road. This perception can make it difficult for riders to prove they were not at fault in an accident.
- At-fault in Accidents: There is a belief among some that motorcyclists are often at fault in accidents. However, this is not true in all cases.
- Lack of Understanding: Many people have a limited understanding of motorcycles, how they operate, and how to share the road with them. This lack of understanding can lead to negative attitudes toward riders.
- Stereotyping and Prejudice: Another reason behind this bias is the stereotypical assumption that all riders are young, rebellious, or engaging in illegal activities.
Riders and their attorneys must be aware of these biases and work to overcome them to receive fair compensation in a motorcycle accident.
Ways to Overcome Unfair Bias Against Motorcycle Riders in a Claim
Removing this bias during a personal injury claim can be challenging, but a good Nevada personal injury lawyer can help you. The motorcycle accident lawyer can overcome this by:
- Gathering evidence, like CCTV footage and accident scene pictures, to prove negligence
- Collect statements from witnesses, first responders, and authorities
- Get the medical reports
- Present a strong case to prove the negligence of other drivers
Highlighting the facts is the best way of overcoming this bias against motorcycle riders in injury claims.
Consult a Personal Injury Lawyer in Nevada
Sustaining injuries in a motorcycle accident can be a life-changing experience. If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident, getting legal representation is vital to ensure this bias against motorcycle riders doesn’t impact the outcome of the claim.
At Bourassa Law Group, our Nevada motorcycle accident lawyers have the experience to create a strong case and prove the other party’s negligence by strategically overcoming this bias. Our lawyers are highly competent in helping clients win motorcycle accident cases. Call us at (800)870-8910 for a free consultation.
4 Instances Where You Can Sue Your Employer In Colorado
All employees in Colorado having trouble with their employers can sue them. Are you feeling mistreated at work? Have you exhausted all options to resolve a workplace issue and feel like your only recourse is to take legal action against your employer? If so, you’re not alone. However, not every situation is where you can […]
5 Common Mistakes to Avoid in Personal Injury Claims As Explained By Lawyers
Personal injury claims are a legal process in which an individual seeks compensation for injuries sustained due to another person’s negligent or intentional actions. While personal injury claims can be straightforward, individuals make various common mistakes that can undermine their claim’s success. The Bourassa Law Group has personal injury lawyers with several years of experience under […]
7 Secrets to Settling Your Bicycle Accident Injury Claim
Sustaining injuries in a bicycle accident can be a traumatic experience. You may suffer physical injuries, emotional distress, and financial strain due to medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage. A bicycle accident claim can help you recover compensation for your injuries and property damage, but several factors might impact the case’s timeline. In this […]
A Quick Guide to Ski Collision Cases in Colorado
Colorado, the nation’s number one ski and snowboard destination, has some of the best ski resorts. Indeed, there’s no substitute for the state’s winter vacation. The number of skiers heading to the state for skiing increases annually. However, this increased skiing practice gives rise to more ski collision cases in Colorado every year. Although the […]
A QUICK GUIDE TO SWIMMING POOL INJURY LAWSUIT
Swimming pool near-drowning experience or related injuries can be a traumatic for the victim and their loved ones. It can cause minor to severe injuries, resulting in a lasting need for medical care. If the accident was caused due to someone’s negligence, you might be able to recover damages for the injuries and losses sustained. […]
Are Motorcycle Accidents Taxable in Nevada?
Motorcyclists in Nevada need to be on high alert regarding accidents. According to recent statistics, motorcyclists are 28 times more likely to die in an accident than in a car. Furthermore, motorcycle-related accidents and fatalities are rising across the United States. But what if you or your loved one is one of the unfortunate few […]