Several methods can help facilities lower the risk of injuries that may result in drowning incidents, in addition to the standard safety measures like encouraging swim lessons, stationing lifeguards, and requesting that visitors keep a watch on the members of their groups.
Here’s an insight into how swimming pool design reduces the risk of drowning accidents in Las Vegas.
How Swimming Pool Design Reduces Risk of Drowning Accidents in Las Vegas
Here are some of the key ways a swimming pool design can help mitigate the risk of drowning accidents:
- Using slip-resistant decking can help decrease the risk of slip and fall accidents, eventually leading to lesser drowning accidents. It will also lower the risk of severe injuries from slipping, falling, or drowning in the pool.
- Installing an adequate-length fence around the pool area is an essential safety measure all swimming pool facilities should take. The fence must be four feet high with self-latching and self-closing gates the children cannot reach. It will help prevent unauthorized access to the pool area and lower the risk of drowning accidents.
- Installing safety alarms and features, including underwater pool, door, and gate alarms, is crucial as they will help provide additional safety. It will help signal the safety team in case of an accident and lower the chances of injuries and drownings.
- There should be proper lighting around the pool area, and it will help improve visibility, mainly during the night and reduce the chances of accidents. If the path is well-lit, swimmers will be better able to see the high-end areas.
- A pool cover is an excellent addition to the safety of individuals when the pool is not in use. It will help prevent accidents such as drowning in a pool unattended. But you must ensure your pool cover is durable, solid, and properly installed.
- The pool should be marked at different points, indicating its depth at each level. It will help swimmers know what level they should be at and alert them if they’re going too deep. It will also help them not jump into the pool’s deep end and prevent serious accidents or injuries.
- The pool should have good visibility. The swimmers must see where they are swimming and have a clear view of their surroundings. The pool should be designed such that the swimmer can spot a potential risk from miles away.
Hire A Drowning Case Lawyer
If you have lost someone due to wrongful death or have been a drowning accident victim, you may be eligible for compensation from any parties involved in your loved one’s death. You should contact the knowledgeable accident lawyers at Bourassa Law Group as soon as possible after a Nevada swimming pool accident. They can help you establish responsibility for the damages.
Decide on which lawyer to hire and sign a retainer agreement. Work with your lawyer to gather evidence, file paperwork, and take other necessary legal actions. It’s important to remember that retaining a lawyer as soon as possible can help preserve evidence and raise your chances of a successful outcome.
Call us at (800)870-8910 for a free consultation!
10 Ways to Prevent Drowning Accidents on Your Property
Drowning accidents are terrible and avoidable situations that can happen on residential properties, especially those with swimming pools, hot tubs, or other bodies of water. Adequate safety precautions must be taken to avoid drowning incidents and protect the lives of family members, guests, and especially youngsters. Installing pool fencing, using safety covers, using alarms, enforcing […]
7 Reasons to Hire a Drowning Accident Lawyer in Nevada
Typically, anyone can lose their life in a drowning accident while swimming in a pool or boating in the lake. It takes a few seconds to slip and fall into the water, but the consequences can be long-lasting. Drowning accidents are one of the most common causes of death in Nevada. These can also lead […]
A Quick Guide to Drowning: Accidental Death Benefits in Nevada
Most drowning cases fall under the category of accidental death. The victim was not responsible for the tragedy, which occurred solely as an accident. Due to the unintentional nature of these occurrences, victims’ families can receive accidental benefits in Nevada. However, there are rules and limitations in place for families to be aware of. Let’s […]
A Quick Guide to Filing a Case for Drowning Accidents in Nevada
Drowning injuries or fatalities can be challenging for the victim or their loved ones. Lack of supervision or damaged pool and equipment could result in severe injuries or wrongful death, which could become grounds for a drowning lawsuit in Nevada. Based on the situation, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries or […]
A Quick Guide to Landowner Liability in a Drowning Accident in Nevada
According to CDC, drowning is the second most common cause of fatality among children between 5 and 14. And those who manage to survive often suffer from permanent brain damage because of the lack of oxygen for a significant amount of time in a near-drowning accident. Statistics also show that 16,000 individuals are rushed ER […]
A Quick Guide to Parental Negligence Claims in Drowning Accidents
Drowning accidents are heart-wrenching tragedies, and when they involve children, the repercussions can be even more devastating. In some cases, these accidents can be attributed to parental negligence—a stark reality that requires an in-depth examination. Parental negligence refers to situations where a parent or guardian fails in their duty to adequately supervise and protect a […]