Las Vegas Car Accident Attorney
The glitz and glamour of Las Vegas dazzle tourists from across the globe every year. In 2018, over 42 million people visited the city to take in the sights and sounds of our jewel in the desert. With so many visitors hitting the streets and residents trying to get to work and school, the traffic in Las Vegas can be maddening. Government statistics show that in Nevada in 2016 there were 12,720 traffic accidents resulting in 217 fatalities.
The lure of the nightlife and alcohol, unsafe intersections, and an influx of tourists who may not be familiar with local roads and traffic patterns can create havoc on areas roadways. However, not all of Las Vegas’ woes can be blamed on out-of-town visitors. A report put out by Allstate Insurance Company, and reported on by local news, also found that drivers in Las Vegas were 21 percent more likely to be involved in a car accident than the national average. Each driver in Las Vegas averages one accident almost every 8 years.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a car accident in Las Vegas the legal team at The Bourassa Law Group can help you recover the compensation you are entitled to. Our experienced Las Vegas car accident attorneys have the knowledge and resources to handle every legal aspect of your car accident case so that you can focus on healing and recovering from the accident.
Call us now at (303) 331-6186 for a free consultation about your car accident case.
How The Bourassa Law Group Can Help You
When you have suffered debilitating injuries or you have lost a loved one in a Las Vegas car accident, you are dealing with pain, sorrow, and loss, physically, emotionally and mentally.
You may be facing a funeral and burial of your loved one and the grief process that death brings. You may also be facing a lot of medical treatment (and the bills that accompany that treatment), lost time from work or the inability to return to the work you were doing (and the financial impact of that), and emotional and mental trauma from the car accident itself.
All of this can be overwhelming. Trying to handle insurance companies and pursuing the legal road to compensation on top of what you’re already dealing with is more than one person can do alone.
Retaining The Bourassa Law Group will give you the compassionate, understanding, and knowledgeable legal resources you need to negotiate a fair settlement from the insurance company or, if that fails, to take the car accident case to court for a jury verdict. We are committed to helping you resolve your case and getting you the compensation that you deserve. We have extensive experience handling these kinds of car accidents:
- Drunk driving accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Distracted driving accidents
- Highway collisions
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Uninsured/underinsured driver accidents
What to Do If You’ve Been in a Car Accident
The shock that can come from being involved in a car accident can impact your ability to think clearly. Pain, stress, and the hectic scene can cause panic and confusion in the aftermath of a collision. Here are a few tips to keep in the back of your mind if you are involved in a car accident:
- Get medical attention- Don’t wait. Get medical attention right away, even if you don’t believe you’ve suffered any injuries. Major medical problems can sometimes arise from what seems like a mild discomfort at first. Make sure that you take your health seriously and get help immediately.
- Call the police and gather information- No matter how minor a car accident might seem, you should always contact the police or highway patrol officers to report the accident (your attorney will need this in settlement negotiations or a court trial). Make sure that you get the names and insurance information of everyone involved in the accident. It is also important to get the names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
- Document the accident- Try to take as many pictures of the accident scene as you can and from different angles. Get pictures of the damage plus any skid marks or debris on the road. You may also want to take photos to document any injuries that you suffered as a result of the accident.
- Stay off social media- It is natural to want to share your ordeal with family and friends to get their help and support but keep your car accident off of social media. Insurance companies may be looking for any excuse they can to discredit your claim or to manipulate the circumstances of the accident. Don’t post anything online about it.
Among the first calls that you need to make after you’ve been involved in a car accident is to an experienced car accident attorney so that you have legal counsel on your side from the beginning. The team at The Bourassa Law Group can be the advocate you need to get the compensation you are owed.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
There are many reasons why car accidents happen on Las Vegas roads. Some of the most common causes of car accidents on Las Vegas streets include:
- Distracted Driving- A driver checking directions, sending a text message, talking on the phone, eating in the car, and even being caught up in the spectacle of the Las Vegas strip can lead to distracted driving and cause an accident.
- Drunk Driving- It’s no secret that Las Vegas is a hot spot for nighttime activity and fun. However, having a few too many drinks and hitting the road is a dangerous combination. Between 2012 and 2016, 65 percent of impaired driving fatalities and injuries in Nevada happened in Clark County, where Las Vegas is located.
- Speeding- When drivers get in a hurry to get somewhere, whether they’re late for work or an appointment or simply trying to shave some time off of their commute, the odds increase that a car accident will occur.
- Inclement Weather- It’s not always sunny here in Las Vegas. When a thunderstorm hits, many people forget to use more caution on slick and wet roads and car accidents increase.
There can be other factors that can lead to car accidents out on Las Vegas roads. An experienced car accident attorney with The Bourassa Law Group can examine the facts and circumstances surrounding your individual case and give you the best options available.
Common Injuries in Car Accidents
Every car accident is unique. Even the same sets of circumstances can result in totally different outcomes when it comes to car accidents. That’s why The Bourassa Law Group treats your case with personalized attention, examining all the facts and evidence surrounding your car accident. However, there are some injuries that frequently occur in car accidents:
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Head, neck, and spine injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Damage to internal organs
- Chest and rib injuries
- Cuts and bruises
- Wrongful death
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, if you are not transported from the scene by ambulance to the emergency room, you should have someone take you as soon as possible Even if you don’t believe you’ve been injured or your injuries don’t seem serious, you still need to have a medical professional evaluate you after a car accident.
Types of Compensation
The attorneys at The Bourassa Law Group have the expertise to deal with insurance companies that often just want to cut you a check and be done with the process. We take the time to evaluate your case and we work hard to get you everything that you deserve. Compensation may include:
- Medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Financial damages
- Property damages
- Loss of income
- Potential loss of future income
- Pain and suffering
If someone you love died in a car accident, there may be additional types of compensation that you could be entitled to, including:
- Lost wages of primary household support
- Loss of companionship
- Mental anguish
- Medical expenses
- Funeral expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Potential punitive damages
Contact us today at (303) 331-6186 for a free consultation that can help us get an idea of what types of compensation you may be entitled to.
Contact The Bourassa Law Group Now
Being injured in or losing a loved one in a car accident on Las Vegas roads can leave you feeling anxious, alone, and unsure of your next move. The Bourassa Law Group understands that this is a very difficult time for you and your family, and we want to support you and help you get through this.
We have a team of accomplished car accident attorneys who will carefully go through all of the details surrounding your accident and will help you determine your next move. We can guide you through the legal process and give you advice on the options that will offer you the best outcome for you and your family.
Contact the Las Vegas car accident attorneys at (303) 331-6186 for a free consultation today. Our team of dedicated and passionate lawyers is ready to provide you with the individual attention you deserve while helping you recover the maximum compensation you need to get back on your feet again.
Frequently asked questions
There are several factors that can contribute to the amount of damages you are eligible to recover. First, and foremost, are medical costs (past, current, and future) related to the injuries you sustained.
You may also be compensated for ‘general damages’ which include pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, mental distress, and emotional anguish. In some instances where negligence or intentional harm was significant, you may pursue punitive damages.
Additionally, if you were involved in a car accident, then you may also be compensated for property damages, especially if there was loss of use of your vehicle.
As professional attorneys, we acknowledge our duty to keep our interactions with our clients entirely confidential. Not only do we aim to comply with the rules of ethics in our field, but we also want to keep your trust by securing personal information.
The Bourassa Law Group will work diligently with a supporting team of medical professionals, accident research specialists, and investigators to uncover the circumstances of your claim. We will seek out the degree of fault, analyze your injuries and losses, and evaluate the total impact the personal injury has had on your life. In addition to this, our team will assess the degree to which comparative negligence can affect your claim and determine if the at-fault party has insurance limits that would prevent them from compensating your total damages.
There is absolutely no cost for an initial consultation with the dedicated attorneys of The Bourassa Law Group. We understand how stressed you must be with the physical injuries, mental and emotional distress, and financial concerns that can arise after an unexpected accident - and we do not want to add to that burden.
Our team wants you to know that you are not alone. We are ready to hear your case and provide quality legal guidance. Contact us right now at (303) 331-6186 for a FREE, no-obligation consultation.
After suffering an accident, victims may wonder whether seeking legal care is effective and cost-efficient. You should know that our services are provided on a “contingency fee basis.” This means that we do not get paid unless you win.
The fees that we charge for our services are a percentage of the total amount that you will recover from your personal injury claim. Do not hesitate to contact us to learn more about how this process works. If your case is not successfully resolved with a considerable settlement - you owe us nothing.