Nevada Car Accident Attorneys
You’ve been in a car accident. You have suffered severe injuries that will either require a lengthy recovery time or that have left you permanently disabled and unable to work now or in the future.
A loved one may have died in the same car accident. Not only do you have the grief of losing someone you love, but you also have funeral and burial expenses to pay. Your loved one’s income supported your household, and now there is no income to shelter and feed you and your family.
You’re overwhelmed and don’t know what to do next.
Unfortunately, dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be incredibly frustrating and confusing, especially if you’re trying to recover from serious injuries. In too many cases, getting physically well after a car accident means missing work (and lost wages) and accumulating costly medical expenses.
Additionally, trying to understand the nuanced legal aspects of a personal injury case can be too much for the average person to handle. Because the primary goal of insurance companies is to keep their own costs as low and their profits as high as possible, you need to retain legal representation as soon as possible after the car accident so they can start pursuing the fair compensation you are entitled to.
At The Bourassa Law Group, our skilled Nevada car accident lawyers understand that no two personal injury cases are alike. Our priority is to do everything in our power to hold liable parties responsible for their negligence and ensure that you receive every penny you are owed after a car accident.
At The Bourassa Law Group, our experienced and knowledgeable car accident attorneys are committed to providing you with personalized attention because clients like you are why we get up and come to work each day. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that our expert legal team is tirelessly working to fight for justice on your behalf.
Contact The Bourassa Law Group now at (702) 851-2180 so that our car accident lawyers can begin working to get the compensation you deserve for the losses you’ve encountered.
How Can The Bourassa Law Group Help You?
When you’ve been seriously injured in a car accident, the last thing you want to think about or do is to wade through the complexities of the legal processes involved to seek damages (the monetary value of all the losses you have suffered) from the car accident.
You are in physical pain, emotional pain, and mental pain as your body works to heal itself with the aid of medical treatments. All you want to do – and should do – is to rest and recover.
Fortunately, our experienced group of personal injury attorneys is here to take care of the legal side of recovery while you focus on the personal side of recovery.
At The Bourassa Law Group, our lawyers are dedicated to making what we do on your behalf as easy on you as possible by communicating with you every step of the way. We will work hard to keep you informed and do everything we can to ensure that you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
When you are choosing a car accident attorney, it’s important to remember that laws and court processes are different in every state. Our team of car accident attorneys is extremely well-versed in personal injury laws within Nevada, and we understand the unique processes involved in navigating a Nevada-based personal injury case.
The Bourassa Law Group has extensive experience handling many kinds of vehicle collision cases, including:
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Hit-and-Run Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Uninsured Driver Accidents
- Accidents Resulting in Wrongful Death
If you or someone you care about has experienced the impact of injury or death after a car accident, you can be sure that our attorneys at The Bourassa Law Group will fight for you.
Injured in a Car Accident? Here’s What You Can Do.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, there are several steps you should take, both in the moment and in the future.
- Step 1 – Contact 911 to come to the scene of the accident. While you will receive medical treatment on-site, you may need to take a trip to the hospital if your injuries are extensive.
- Step 2 – If you are able to, move to a safer area as quickly as you can. Staying on the scene of the accident puts both you and other drivers at risk for another collision. If the involved vehicles are still functional, move them off the main road.
- Step 3 – Exchange insurance and contact information with all drivers involved, and document the crash as thoroughly as possible. Law enforcement will create an accident report. Be sure to ask for the officer’s name, telephone number, and police report number. Take pictures of any damages or injuries you may have sustained. When you can, write down what you can recall from the accident while your memory is fresh.
- Step 4 – Document your medical treatments and expenses. Additionally, be sure to keep track of your lost wages if you have to miss work to recover from your injuries. You can receive compensation for these expenses in a personal injury case.
Common Types of Injuries After a Car Accident
Injuries after a car accident may be so minor that they cause no disruption to your everyday activities. However, they can also be so severe that they are life-threatening. Even if your injuries seem minor, it’s important to be examined by a trained medical professional if you have been in a car accident.
This is because some life-threatening injuries, such as concussions and internal bleeding, may not be immediately obvious. Some of the most common injuries after a car accident include:
- Strains and sprains
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI’s)
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Burns and bruises
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Organ and soft tissue damage
- Chest and rib damage
- Mental trauma and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Wrongful Death
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured in a car wreck, you are most likely overwhelmed with costly medical expenses and treatment plans. If you’ve had to miss work because of your injuries, your lost wages have probably made your recovery period even more stressful.
At The Bourassa Law Group, our team of compassionate personal injury attorneys will do everything in their power to make sure that you receive fair compensation for your losses — including medical bills and missed wages. For a free consultation about your car accident case, contact The Bourassa Law Group at (702) 851-2180 as soon as you can.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in Nevada?
On the road, every driver — and every pedestrian — is expected to exercise a reasonable amount of caution. In legal terms, this is called a driver’s “duty of reasonable care.” This means that everyone must be reasonably careful when traveling on any Nevada roadway.
If a driver breaches their duty of reasonable care, and that breach is the direct cause of a car accident, that driver could be charged with negligence and held liable for any damages they may have caused.
Two of the most common causes of car accidents in Nevada include:
- Distracted Driving – Distracted driving remains one of the leading causes of car accidents within the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are three types of distracted driving: visual, manual, and cognitive. Visual distractions occur when you take your eyes off the road. Manual distractions occur when you take your hands off the steering wheel. Cognitive distractions occur when you take your mind off the road and aren’t mentally focused on the task of driving.
- Drunk Driving – Driving under the influence of alcohol is never a good decision. Drunk driving is a criminal offense in Nevada, and it can lead to a serious car accident. A recent report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) shows there is a daily average of 29 fatalities from car accidents involving drunk drivers in the United States. This means that every 50 minutes, someone dies in a drunk driving accident.
Compensation After a Car Accident
At The Bourassa Law Group, we recognize that every personal injury case is unique. You can be sure that our experienced team of car accident attorneys will carefully evaluate your case to determine exactly the type of compensation you deserve. There are several factors that will be examined when determining compensation amounts, including:
- Medical Expenses
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Potential Future Income
- Damage to Property
- Quality of Life Issues
- Pain and Suffering
If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in a car accident, receiving financial compensation for your losses can mean being able to move on with your life as quickly and painlessly as possible. To schedule a free, obligation-free consultation, contact our Nevada law offices at (702) 851-2180 as soon as possible.
Contact Us Today
Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident by yourself can be incredibly stressful and intimidating. However, at The Bourassa Law Group, our dedicated team of personal injury attorneys is here to take the legal aspects of your car accident off of your shoulders.
You can trust that our team of seasoned car accident lawyers will work diligently to obtain the compensation you are entitled to. Call us now at (702) 851-2180 for a no-cost evaluation of your case.