What If I’m in a Motorcycle Accident Caused by an Underage Driver in Nevada?

Statistics indicate that millions of drivers between the ages of 15 and 20 have accidents on the roads of the USA every year. In most cases, these teenagers tend to drive under the complacent and irresponsible gaze of their parents, which in some cases also leads if the permission or authorization of the same.

It should be noted that in all accidents where the person responsible is underage (under 16) and where the victims suffer serious injuries, all the lawsuits and charges are usually faced by the parents of the minor. So if you’re in a motorcycle accident caused by an underage driver, you will sue the minor’s parents for your personal injury. Here’s an explanation.

Motorcycle Accident Caused by an Underage Driver in Nevada

The right reflexes help a lot in strengthening your case. If you’re in a motorcycle accident caused by a minor, here are a few steps you must take or ask someone else’s present on the site to do for you:

Report the Accident

The first thing you must do is call 911 to report the incident. Also, make sure to inform your insurance company.

Gather Evidence

Gather as much evidence as you can on the accident site.

  • Take pictures of your damaged vehicle or any injuries you sustain
  • Get the contact information of the eyewitnesses on the site.

Seek Medical Attention As Soon As Possible

Seeking medical attention soon after the accident is essential. Sometimes, the injury may not be evident and only appear after a few hours or days. , even if you don’t think you’re injured. Immediate medical care helps you get treated quickly and prevents your injuries from worsening.

Many people hit by others receive basic medical care and are sent home. Months later, they may present pain or inability to move due to the accident’s aftermath. In these cases, a lawyer will be your best ally to start a lawsuit or claim for adequate compensation. Those responsible for your pain must provide the necessary resources to cope with the injuries caused.

Additionally, your medical treatment can be documented as potential legal proof in your personal injury case against the at-fault party. Therefore, receiving medical attention is highly recommended.

Hire a Nevada Personal Injury Attorney

Once first aid is received, the best option is to contact an expert motorcycle accident lawyer to receive the necessary support and advice. With the help of a highly experienced personal injury lawyer, you can file a lawsuit to receive fair compensation for the damages caused.

There is a large number of adolescents in the US who drive large luxury vehicles, which are difficult to handle and park. Therefore, they are part of the group with the greatest chance of having an accident. However, these young people who drive expensive cars at high speed are usually the children of highly influential people who will always want to make a simple deal in case their child is at fault in a traffic accident. So if you want justice served and get the fairest compensation for your damages, hire an experienced personal injury attorney.

What Consequences Can the Parents of a Minor Guilty of a Motorcycle Accident Face?

Depending on the severity of the damage caused, parents facing lawsuits because a minor has hit someone with a motorcycle can face anything from a $500 fine to several months’ arrest. If the injuries received are serious, an expert personal injury attorney will help you efficiently claim a fair payment. Otherwise, you can take the case to the last resort to achieve the arrest of irresponsible parents.

Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Nevada!

If you’ve been a victim of such an accident in Nevada and want to file a personal injury lawsuit against the minor’s parents, contact the Bourassa Law Group, a personal injury law firm in Nevada with years of experience settling accident cases of all types.

The personal injury attorneys at Bourassa Law Group are well-versed in Nevada’s teen driving and accident law and can fight to get you the fairest compensation for your damages. 

Call 800-870-8910 or click here to contact us now.

Related Posts

Free Case Evaluation

The evaluation is FREE! You do not have to pay anything to have an attorney evaluate your case.